Thursday, March 3, 2016

Across the Hall by Kylie Walker

Across-the-Hall--Book-Cover


3 stars

This was a quick little read that I enjoyed. Nothing too terribly heavy, but with just enough of an added something so that it wasn't exactly fluffy. 

After Jude was released from prison, he moved in across the hall from his college best friend, Ethan. Ethan has a little sister who is just graduating from college named Jillian. Jillian and Jude hit it off and sparks fly between them. There was a huge twist involving a man from Jillian's past that I never saw coming. 

So why only 3 stars? There were instances where the writing went from past tense to present and it TOTALLY pulled me out of the book. That is the one thing I have a hard time ignoring. Other than that, the story had enough to keep me guessing and Jude and Jillian were hot together. I loved the ending; Jude is such a romantic ;0)

*ARC provided by RockStar Lit for an honest review*

Happy Reading! ~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment